Sunday, August 11, 2013

Gettysburg Photo of the Week (8-11-13)

Hi everybody,

I apologize once again for being late in posting this.  I have been dropping the ball with this feature and I will do my best to have it posted each and every Friday for at least the rest of this year.

This week's picture is of the Virginia Memorial shortly after sunrise.  The picture was taken at a different angle that you would normally see in photos but I think it looks good.

Virginia Memorial

The Virginia Memorial was placed on the battlefield in 1917 and was the first of the Confederate State Memorials.  The top of the monument has General Robert E. Lee who was the commanding officer of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia.  This location is where Pickett's Charge originated on the third and final day of the Battle of Gettysburg.

Talk to you soon,
Little Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment