Monday, July 30, 2018

Chase Utley Return to Philadelphia for Perhaps the Final Time

Hi everybody,

Earlier this week former Phillies second baseman (and my hero) Chase Utley and the Dodgers returned to Philadephia for perhaps the final time in his career for a three-game series.  Chase was warmly received by the fans in Citizens Bank Park and was given standing ovations every time he came to the plate.

After the final out of the series, Chase came onto the field for perhaps the final time to say thank you to the Philly fans.  It was an amazing moment and I wish Chase well the rest of the season.

Chase had this to say about Philadelphia and the fans following the three-game series:

"It was pretty surreal the last three games. I've said it over and over again, but I can't thank the fans enough for what they've showed me this year and in the previous two series I played in Philadelphia. I am happy I was able to thank them in person. I hope they understand how important they are to me. A lot of great memories, a lot of great relationships. It's been a great ride."
I look forward to when Chase comes home and is honored by the Phillies for all his achievements.

Thanks Chase...

Talk to you soon,
Little Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment