Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gettysburg Ghosts

Hi everybody,

It's been a couple of weeks since I got back from Gettysburg.  I have really taken an interest in all the ghostly happenings in and around Gettysburg. Before I left town I picked up some ghost books.  They are the Ghosts of Gettysburg series written by Mark Nesbitt and they are really interesting.

My friends bought me the Union Kepi hat

There are seven books to date in the series and I recommend them all. Check out Mr. Nesbitt's website if you want to learn more:

http://www.ghostsofgettysburg.com/

I mentioned before that my friends and I heard cannon fire while we were on the battlefield but there was no one around that could have done it.  I was talking with my friends from Michigan about what happened and they relayed a strange tale of their own.

When they were visiting Gettysburg three years ago, they went out to the Peace Light Memorial around dusk and took this picture (click to enlarge):

Ghost at the Gettysburg Peace Light Memorial

Can you see the figure walking up to the Peace Light?  My friends didn't!!! They proceeded to make their way to the Memorial and spent nearly an hour there.  They never saw anyone else around the entire time they were there and didn't even notice the figure in the picture until after they returned from their trip.

Since it may be hard to see it...I lightened the picture and zoomed in toward the figure to make him more clear:

Zoom of Ghost at the Gettysburg Peace Light Memorial

It looks like the figure is wearing a slouch hat, an overcoat and carrying a satchel bag.  Could he be some sort of courier...transmitting orders to officers during battle?  I'm not sure.  All I know is that I am looking forward to returning to Gettysburg to ghost hunt in the near future and one of my stops will be the Peace Light Memorial.

Talk to you soon,
Little Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment