Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LC's Root Beer Review (2-7-12): IBC Root Beer

Hi everybody,

It's time once again for another LC's Root Beer Review.  LC stands for me....Little Chase!  As always, I am rating root beers with grades A through F under four categories:


1) Style of the bottle & cap
2) Smell
3) Smoothness
4) Taste


This time I am going to review IBC Root Beer.  IBC first appeared in St. Louis, Missouri when it was founded in 1919.  After many ownership changes, it is now part of the same company that owns Dr. Pepper & Seven Up.

1) Style of the bottle & cap:


I have mixed feelings about the bottle & cap style of this brew.  I am not very thrilled with the bottle.  It is dark and lacking any color.  Even though I do like the detail of the bottle I wish that there was some color incorporated into it.  However, I do like the cap.  It is a nice reddish color and is fairly informative. I would give the bottle & cap a:    B-


2) Smell:


IBC smells great. The rich aroma makes me want to grab a second bottle the minute I finish downing the first one.  I would give the smell an:   A+



3) Smoothness:


IBC goes down easy and feels good doing it.  I would give the Smoothness an:   A+


4) Taste:


IBC really tastes good and I enjoyed drinking it. It pairs well with a big greasy pizza steak and I imagine that it would also be good with pizza.  I would give the Taste an:   A-



Final Grade:   A-


If you can find IBC at the store, I would recommend it even though it doesn't have the most exciting bottle  Thanks for reading the latest LC's Root Beer Review!  Reviews will be more frequent in the coming weeks and months so please keep looking for them.


Talk to you soon,
Little Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment