Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LC's Root Beer Review (11-9-11): Abita Root Beer

Hi everybody,

Welcome to the first LC's Root Beer Review.  LC stands for me....Little Chase!  I am rating root beers with grades A through F under four categories:

1) Style of the bottle & cap
2) Smell
3) Smoothness
4) Taste


The first root beer that I am going to review is Abita.  Abita comes from Louisiana (a little north of New Orleans) and is made with pure Louisiana cane sugar and other neat ingredients.


1) Style of the bottle & cap:






I really like the bottle & cap style of this brew.  The bottle is very dark and the label has an interesting color palette.  As for the cap, it is also really nice and informative.  Besides the name of the root beer, it also lets me know that it is brewed with spring water.  That is very important information, especially if you like spring water.  I would give the bottle & cap an:    A-


2) Smell:


Abita smells really good.  You get this rich vanilla smell and it just makes you want to grab the bottle and drink it right up.  I would give the smell an:   A




3) Smoothness:


Abita goes down smooth with only a slight carbonated feel to it.  I would give the Smoothness an:   A-


4) Taste:


Abita tastes great.  I love how the Louisiana cane sugar complements the vanilla and helps to make a delicious root beer.  It really goes great with a Tony Luke's Roast Pork Sammich and I imagine that it would also be good with pizza.  I think it would also be a winner as part of a root beer float.  I would give the Taste an:   A+




Final Grade:   A


If you can find Abita at the store, I would highly recommend it.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.  Thanks for reading the first LC's Root Beer Review!  There will be more reviews in the coming weeks and months so keep looking for them.


Talk to you soon,
Little Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment